• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

PDFelement App now is Free!   10/11/2017

htmlentities(

PDFelement for iOS and Android versions are Free now! Download here and start to use in your mobile devices any time and any where you want.

)
Leon Curchack

Hebrew Language

8 posts in this topic

I have version 6.2 of PDF Pro.  It seems to be able to read Hebrew characters but it reverses the order.  Is there a way to fix that?

Hi Leon,

I am sorry that our program does not support Hebrew language files since it is the language from right to left, currently our program only supports the languages from left to right. But our development team will have further consideration and we will try the best to support more languages in the future.

Thanks for your feedback.

On 25/07/2017 at 11:52 AM, Daphne said:

Hi Leon,

I am sorry that our program does not support Hebrew language files since it is the language from right to left, currently our program only supports the languages from left to right. But our development team will have further consideration and we will try the best to support more languages in the future.

On 25/07/2017 at 11:52 AM, Daphne said:

Hi Leon,

Hi Daphne,

You'll find that Hebrew is supported when constructed in word then saved as a word-pdf and opened in pdf Element 6 Pro.    The Hebrew may not be able to be formatted as you say.  But the text is beautifully preserved in the original formatting.  Fonts: Bwebb, and even Sil Ezra SR, are preserved,   Bravo!!!   Please tell Leon for me.

1 person likes this

Hi Uriah,

Thanks for your sharing. Do you mean after save a word file to the PDF file, then our program can edit the Hebrew text in the saved PDF file normally? If so, could you please help to attach a word file with the Hebrew language content here for us to tests?

However, if the original Hebrew is constructed in a PDF file already, is there any method to edit it? If I use our program to convert this Hebrew PDF file to the word file, then save the word file to a new PDF file, whether our program can edit the newly saved PDF file normally?

Hi Dapne - thanks for your responses.  Just for the record, your program does in fact read all Hebrew characters and fonts correctly.  The only issue is that when saved as Word file, it reverses the order of each word.  However, I can edit a PDF file in Hebrew (regardless of how that file was generated.  I can also find and replace any text.  All this with the constraint that I enter the text string in reverse ( left to right ).

I would be happy to work with your development team on this; once the feature is added it would open up your product to a large market of right to left languages : 

Arabic.
Aramaic.
Azeri.
Dhivehi/Maldivian.
Hebrew.
Kurdish (Sorani)
Persian/Farsi.
Urdu.Arabic.
Aramaic.
Azeri.
Dhivehi/Maldivian.
Hebrew.
Kurdish (Sorani)
Persian/Farsi.
Urdu.

1 person likes this

Hi Leon,

Do you mean when you edit a PDF file in Hebrew, you add the reversed Hebrew text (left to right) in the file by our program, then the added text changes to be normal Hebrew text (right to left) automatically? And when you use the "find and replace" function, you also enter the reversed Hebrew word (left to right) to search and it can search out the correct Hebrew word (right to left) out?

If you mean the above situations, it is really interesting. 

Thanks

Hi Leon,

Do you want us to get access to your computer? If so, then please download the remote control tool from the link below to install it on your computer first.Download URL: https://get.teamviewer.com/j8a34j5

Then please let me know the ID and password of it on your computer. Please also confirm the available time when you are online and which time zone you are in or which country you are in,  then we can settle the available time and get access to your computer.  For your reference that our work time is from 9:00a.m. to 18:00p.m. of GMT+8 time.

Thanks