• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Darrell Schoenig

Word wrap splits word when printing

17 posts in this topic

A multi-line text field looks correct on screen, but in print preview (or when printed), it splits words when wrapping to the next line. File is attached. What's going on?

ECO word wrap issue.pdf

Hi Darrell, 

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry about this issue. I did see the split words when I looked at the file through print preview. Our developers will look into it! @Jacky

I'm guessing this is a form you received and you're trying to fill it in and send it back? Please let me know if this isn't the case! 

In the meantime, you can click into the form's general settings and type your answer into the "default values" field under "options". Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 3.02.22 PM.png

It showed up properly after this in my print preview:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 3.00.09 PM.png

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks for the prompt reply, Rebecca. Actually, it's a bit more involved: a co-worker created the form in different software, including fillable sections. I filled the form and printed it, only to discover that the printed copy actually cut off partial and whole words from the end of lines, even though everything showed correctly on screen, I sent my digital copy to two co-workers: they both were able to print it without error via Adobe Acrobat. Therefore, I concluded it had to be something amiss in PDF Element. So, using a version of the form without fillable sections, I added fillable sections using PDF Element. The file attached above was that version. Although not cutting out entire words, the word wrap issue is still disappointing and needs to be fixed. Further, it seems that your software should print out correctly even though using a fillable form created in other software, particularly when everything looks fine on screen!

FYI, I'm using version 5.12.1.

Hi Darrell,

I think we have already solved the issue in the upgraded program Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional. You are welcome to download the free trial version from the link below to have a test first: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

Please use this upgraded program to fill in the form and print it for a try again to check whether it is ok now. And if you have already purchased our program PDFelement 5 previously, could you please provide your order number or the email address you used to register the program for check?

Thanks

Ah, yes, good point Daphne!

Darrell, here is the link to check whether or not you are eligible for a free upgrade: https://pdf.wondershare.com/upgrade.html

Unfortunately I am afraid the issue still remains in the 6 Pro version. The few work around solutions I have found is the one I suggested above, and working on it in Preview mode (Eg. Mac Preview) and just making the cut-off word part of the next line, so please let me know if you find another! However, the good news is that our developers are aware of the issue and will fix it in a future update. Sorry for all the inconvenience that this has brought. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and for providing such a detailed account of the situation!

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks for the prompt reply, Rebecca. Actually, it's a bit more involved: a co-worker created the form in different software, including fillable sections. I filled the form and printed it, only to discover that the printed copy actually cut off partial and whole words from the end of lines, even though everything showed correctly on screen, I sent my digital copy to two co-workers: they both were able to print it without error via Adobe Acrobat. Therefore, I concluded it had to be something amiss in PDF Element. So, using a version of the form without fillable sections, I added fillable sections using PDF Element. The file attached above was that version. Although not cutting out entire words, the word wrap issue is still disappointing and needs to be fixed. Further, it seems that your software should print out correctly even though using a fillable form created in other software, particularly when everything looks fine on screen!

FYI, I'm using version 5.12.1

Glad to hear you're working on it. Is there an easy way I can be notified when the issue is fixed?

I initially obtained your software in a Giveaway you held back in April 2014. When I enter the email I used to register it back then, I get a "no history found" reply. Maybe you purged records of giveaway registrations?? I'd be happy to give you that email privately; I prefer not to put it on a public forum!

Anyway, I'll wait to upgrade until you get this issue fixed. Thanks for your prompt and helpful customer service!

Hi Darrell,

I have double-checked in our upgraded program PDFelement 6 Professional, and it did solve the issue. So could you please download its trial version from the link below to have a test first? https://pdf.wondershare.com/

For the case, please open the blank form that your co-worker created in our upgraded program, not use the PDF file that you have already filled in by version 5.12.1.  Then you can re-fill the blank form and print it again by our upgraded program to check whether it is ok now.

Thanks

Hi Daphne, it's still cutting off words in V6; see attached. Here's what I did:

1. Opened my co-worker created fillable form.

2. Typed in (not copy & paste) the text as shown.

3. Checked print preview and printed it: in both cases, it is cutting off words.

I'll await your reply.

Thanks

ECO word wrap issue w V6.pdf

Hi Darrell,

After opening the program, please click the button of Help>About to confirm the version number of your program. I have opened this PDF file in our latest version 6.2.0 and the print preview is normal actually. So please make sure you are using the latest version 6.2.0.

If it is already 6.2.0 on your side, but it still cuts off words when you print, then please use your mobile phone to take a photo to show me the printed result you get on the paper, and attach the photo here to send to me for further check.

Thanks

Version is 6.2.0.2604. Screenshot before printing and photo of printed page attached.

Thanks.

PDF V6 screen.PNG

PDF V6 print.jpg

Hi Darrel,

Our development team has confirmed that these are two different issues. The first wrap word issue that you got with version 5.12.1 has already been solved in the upgraded program PDFelement 6. However, the upgraded program 6 still has the cut off letters issue when print, it is a different issue but we will also have further analysis and try the best to solve it in the future update.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Darrell,

It is ok, once we release the updated version, you can also update to the latest version to try again. 

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

Did your latest release fix the cutoff letters issue when printing?

Thanks,

Darrell

Hi Darrell,

We have double confirmed the issue seems to be related with the font of Courier. Please go to the link below to install the latest version 6.3.3 for a try again.

Download Link: http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement6-pro_full2990.exe

After opening your PDF file in the latest version program, please click the Form>Edit Form button, then double click your field, in the Appearance tab, please choose to use a different font, such as Consolas, Times, etc, then the form can be printed normally.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

OK, that works, although it is still a bit goofy in how it "returns" the first line of a paragraph far short of the right margin; see attached. I tried this in both Consolas and Calibri fonts with the same result.

I got my original PDF Element license from a 3rd party vendor. Can you help me obtain your $29.95 upgrade?

Thanks,

Darrell

PDFelement 6 Consolas.pdf

Hi Darrell,

I am sorry that it "returns" differently when you print with the font of Consolas and Calibri, but it does not cut off words. and we will also keep working on this font issue to improve.

For the upgrade thing, I have sent an email to you to provide further instructions, please check.

Thanks