• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I just bought PDF Element Pro. When I try to OCR scanned PDF documents it does not work (no protection, I checked). I get a red exclamation mark. However, I can convert the document to Work. Any clue ?

Thanks

Pichurri

Hi Pichurri! 

I see that you are a Mac user. I have attached some screenshots of what the OCR process looks like on my Mac. Please let me know if your process was the same (or at which point did it start being different). Feel free to attach some screenshots of your own.

If it still doesn't work for you, please attach your file here and I'll take a look. 

Thanks! 

Rebecca

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 8.43.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 8.43.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 8.44.14 AM.png

2 hours ago, pichurri pichurri1883 said:

Hi, I just bought PDF Element Pro. When I try to OCR scanned PDF documents it does not work (no protection, I checked). I get a red exclamation mark. However, I can convert the document to Work. Any clue ?

Thanks

Pichurri

Hi Rebecca, It works with some scanned pdf files but not with all (I have checked that there is no password or security limitations and tried with documents from different sources). I do get the same type of screen as you but with some documents when I click on "save" nothing happens.

If I do it with a batch I get an empty folder OCR on the desktop and the red exclamation marks (attached)

Now I have found that the files which I cannot be OCR if I save them as "PDF Archivable PDF/A", I get then the message on the upper right corner that I can activate changes (see attached). If I do activate the changes, then I can OCR afterwards. ???? But I cannot do it with a batch.

Thanks.

Pichurri

Test.PDF

Capture d’écran 2017-07-01 à 19.36.33.png

Capture d’écran 2017-07-01 à 19.57.02.png

Hi Pichurri, 

Thank you for being so thorough!

I have downloaded your file, converted to PDF/A, and was able to OCR the file successfully. I only had one such file from you, so I duplicated it after I converted it to PDF/A to try and copy your situation. But I was able to batch OCR, I have attached the screenshot below. They ended up saving onto my desktop into an "OCR" file it created by itself. 

Perhaps if you send me other files where you're having the same issue, we can see if there's a common trait of the files which results in the issue. @Jacky here is an expert when it comes to technical issues so he will be able to look at your files. 

Also, the reason the message pops up to "enable editing" is because the PDF/A format adheres to certain standards to preserve those types of electronic files so they can be read in the future, regardless of how much technology has developed. It's more of an archiving thing.

Let us know if there are any other problems!

Rebecca

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.18.05 PM.png

Hi Pichurri, 

We found the reason of failure that your document suffix is ".PDF," rather than ".pdf",  you can change the document suffix to ".pdf" or "Save As" the document again, then try to perform OCR with a batch,  we will be repair this issue in the next version this month.

2017-07-04_10-56-50.png

Hi Pichurri,

Thanks for your feedback.