• Announcements

• Daphne

Winners Announcement   09/18/2017

htmlentities(

Awesome! You guys just made around 48000 shares in our #AcrobatAlternative Event!!! Thank you so much for joining! Congratulations to our big prizes winners: @Colleen and @Anne Bastien !!! Click here to know more. 

)
    • Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
savvy1

Calculated Field (Sum) Won't Update Correctly

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,  I'm having trouble with calculating fields.   I have a handful of numerical fields that need to be added together.  I created a "total" field, set it to calculate a sum, and included all of my numerical fields.  However, when I try changing the numbers in the fields that are added together, the total doesn't update/calculate properly.   Sometimes when I enter a value, the calculated field doesn't add it to the total.  Sometimes when I update a second field, the total will reflect the first change I made but not the change to the second field.  If I then remove all values, meaning the total should be zero, the total stays at whatever the last calculated value was.  I just can't figure out how a simple sum could go so awry.

The values I'm adding together are themselves the product of a calculation.  Could that be causing the problem?  I don't see why it should, but I can't figure out what else could be causing the glitch.

Hi Savvy1,

When you change the number in the fields, please click another place outside the fields on the page, then check whether the "total" field updates automatically.

If the above method does not help to update the "total" field, then please make some screenshots to show me your situation and steps. And could you please also attach your PDF file here (or send it to: pdfelement@wondershare.com) for us to test it further?

Thanks

Hi,

Clicking outside the field doesn't always cause the total to update, nor does clicking in a new field or clicking on the total field result always in an update.  That will work when I enter a single value, but stops working after I change the values a few times.  It's like it gets confused and just refuses to work.

I can't exactly give a series of steps, because it seems to malfunction differently each time.  Sometimes it will update the total field for the first two entries, but the third won't update. Then if I remove one of the values, it updates to what it should have been if all three values were still there.  It's hard to explain. 

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm using check boxes as part of my calculations.  For example, one of my check boxes has a value of 25.  There is a field next to it that, when the box is checked, automatically calculates a "sum" of that check box: the field shows 25.  When un-checked, the field show zero again.  The numerical field that shows the "value" of the check box is a part of the calculation for my total, and perhaps that is too complex for the calculation to handle?

I'll email the pdf to you, so that you can take a look.

Hi Savvy1,

We have received your PDF file and our development team will have further analysis it.

Thanks