• Announcements

• Daphne

Winners Announcement   09/18/2017

htmlentities(

Awesome! You guys just made around 48000 shares in our #AcrobatAlternative Event!!! Thank you so much for joining! Congratulations to our big prizes winners: @Colleen and @Anne Bastien !!! Click here to know more. 

)
    • Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
Graham Thompson

Form field recognotion edit

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has probably been answered already but is there a way to set the defaults for the fields created when using form field recognition? I have tried to set the defaults in preferences but sticks to "auto", do I have to then go through each field, right click then change the size etc?? This would be incredibly frustrating after creating a form with 50+ boxes...

Hi Graham,

Editing 50+ boxes is rough. 

What kind of defaults were you trying to set aside from sizing? And is this form a template for future data extraction?

If the sizing takes too long and the boxes are all the same size, you can copy and paste, then drag it to where you want it to go, that should make sizing a little easier! 

Could you send me the form you're working on so I can get a better idea?

Thanks,

Rebecca 

Hi Graham,

I am sorry our program does not support to set the defaults for the fields created using form field recognition because the size of the created fields depends on the page content. In order to help us improve this, could you please attach your original PDF file (without using auto form recognition) here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for tests? And please also make some screenshots to show the expected size that you want so that we can know how to improve it. If you want to have the same size for all the created fields, you can try Rebecca's suggestion to copy and paste to have the same size fields.

By the way, could you please confirm which option do you set the defaults in preferences? I am afraid in preferences menu, there is no options to set the default for form fields.

Thanks

1 person likes this

Hi Guys, the only default I need is Font size so that the entered data in the fields matches the size of the title of the box ie left hand box is size 8 so right hand also equals size 8. Currently, because it is set to auto if the answer is short it can appear totally disproportionate and not very presentable. It seems like such a simple thing

QUAL1032017.pdf

Hi Graham,

Thanks for attaching your file. Just to clarify, what you're trying to do is set every box so that the default font size (when you client fills in the form), is the same as the "questions"? And since there are so many on your form, you want to know if there is a faster way to do this? 

I believe  you have figured out how to change the properties of the box so that the answers will be the same size and font as the questions when it is filled out. I have attached a few screenshots at the very bottom in case other members are having trouble finding these features. (double click the text box and go into appearance)

To make things faster, you are able to drag your mouse over the whole page to copy and paste all the boxes and create new boxes (in the same position you copied them in!). Since there are many parts of your form that are basically the same, you can copy and paste then group delete the extras. Please let me know if this works for you!COPY AND PASTING.PNG

Thanks,

Rebecca

FORM ON CHROME.PNG

FORM PROPERTIES.PNG

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for that. Whilst I think that maybe adding a default setting for these boxes in the future would be something that could be looked at, your solution certainly will cut down on a lot of time! Many thanks for your efforts!

Graham

1 person likes this

Hi Graham,

We appreciate your feedback and suggestion, I have forwarded it to our development team for further consideration. We will keep improving the program to support more features and provide better user experience.

Thanks a lot.