• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
danielmn87

really disapointed with other language OCR or am i doing something wrong ?

16 posts in this topic

I bought your very expensive product only to use your ocr, but either i'm not using it correctly or it just doesnt work.

Here are the pictures showing what the original pdf is and what i get when i try to use ocr:

what i get : http://imgur.com/a/yT8rc

what the original text says : http://imgur.com/a/adMmf

So i either want my money back or some support to help me make it work, since your website support won't even let me pick PDFelement 6 Pro which i payed U$ 100,00

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry about this. Whether you have chosen the correct languages of your PDF content in the OCR language list? After clicking the Edit>OCR button, please click the Change Language button in the pop up window to choose the correct languages of your PDF content to check whether you can get better result. You can refer to the second screenshot on the following page to know where is the Change Language button.

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#perform_ocr

If it does not work better, then could you please attach your original PDF file without using OCR here or send it to our email: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further analysis? We will try the best to help you solve the issue.

Thanks

Yes, i have changed the language, just sent you the file.

57 minutes ago, danielmn87 said:

Yes, i have changed the language, just sent you the file.

i need to solve this in the next 10 hours or i will pass my deadline.

Hi Daniel,

I have checked your screenshots for the issue. First, you'd better not repeatly OCR the file (just like ..._OCR_OCR_OCR). You should always OCR your original scanned PDF file. Secondly, I guess that you maybe have chosen the wrong language. Could you provide the screenshot for your language setting as below?

OCR.png

Thanks for your feedback!

I only ocr'ed the document once, and i selected the right language, which is portuguese and it still didn't work.

OK, we will check your file and try our best to solve it. Thanks. @Daphne

Do you guys have any solution for me ? i need to send this document in the next 5 hours or i will lose this job oportunity, and if i do, i will need my money back and you get your license back because wondershare will have failed me.

Thanks for all the help and support you have provided thus far Jacky and Daphne! 

Daniel, I have sent you an email, please send me the file you are working on. I am sorry for this inconvenience, let's find you a solution. 

Thank you for all your patience Daniel!

For all the other members who are experiencing similar issues, I would like to provide a few suggestions: 

1) If you have the ability to, make sure that your scans are clear.

2) Make sure you select the correct language that you are doing the OCR in. 

3) After OCR, it may help to convert the file to a Word document for editing.

Of course, each situation may be different so feel free to comment below and share suggestions! 

1 person likes this

Hi Daniel,

We have analyzed your PDF file and I have sent an email to you, please check your email directly.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

As i told support already, unfortunetly i will need to ask my money back. My deadline is over and your program didn't work for me when i needed it. Yes maybe my pdf file was the fault, its old and not well scanned but it still didn't work for me yesterday when i needed it.

edit: By the way, its been almost 12 hours that i requested my refund and didn't get an answer about it yet.

Edited by danielmn87

Hi Daniel,

We are sorry that our program does not help you on time. I have replied to you again regarding your request, you can check your email directly. And we will keep improving the program to be better and better.

Thanks