Georgios Korolis

copy / paste conversion

36 posts in this topic

Hello,

After updating PDF Element Pro to 6.1.1.2371 im facing the following problem.

When i copy and paste from one PDF to another it change the characters to an unreadable format.

Thanks

Hi Georgios Korolis,

Could you show more information about your issue such as screeshots, OS version etc.? It is helpful for us to solve it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Jacky,

I Have Windows 10 Pro 64Bit but i don't have a screenshot because the problem solved as my client told me.

I don't now if it's permanent. I can tell you that when copy / paste a word from a pdf to another it convert it to numbers.

Thanks

I guess that the issue is related to your PDF file. For some fonts used in PDF, a text letter code may be mapped to a numeric code.

i don't think that is a pdf file problem because in previous versions it worked fine. I attach you an another problem. When they press space this lines are appeared.Untitled.png

Hi Georgios Korolis,

Which version of PDFelement do you use? You may try to update to the latest 6.1.2 version released today. Could you upload you PDF file here or send it to me (wangyi@wondershare.cn) for further check?

Thanks.

Hi Jackie,

i use 6.1.1. I will update to the newest version tomorrow and i will sent you the pdf file to check it yourself.

Hi Jacky,

After the latest update seems that the problem has resolved. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Georgios,

We are glad the latest version works now, thanks for your support.

Hello again.

Unfortunately the problem  persists. When i typing to a PDF it changes the letters. See the attachment.

Thank you

error (1).png

Hi Georgios,

Could you upload the PDF file here or send it to me? We will check your file and find the reason.

Thanks.

Hi Georgios,

I have checked the PDF file you sent and it seems have different content from screenshot you showed to us. I have tested to edit this PDF file, and it can be edited normally, the newly added text has the same font as the existing text. From your screenshot, we can see the font of the text is Arial, and the font of the existing text in your PDF file is also Arial, so could you please confirm more details about the issue you get? 

By the way, we have released the new version 6.1.2, so please install the latest version for a try again.

Download Link: http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement6-pro_full2990.exe

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

Yes the PDF that i sent is different from that in the screenshot but it facing the same problem. I find that when you open the PDF for first time it works fine,but if you close it and re-open the PDF then the problem appears again. My problem is when i typing into the PDF the characters isn't the same that i typing as you can see it in the screenshot. I Will update to the newest version.

Thanks

I Upgraded to the latest version and the problem persists. The weird is, that the first time i opened it seems to be OK. I close and i re-opened the PDF and the problem appear again. The characters that you can see in the screenshot it's not from typing, i press the space bar.

Thanks

pdf elements.PNG

Posted (edited)

Hi again,

Can we do a downgrade to a previous version until the problem is fixed?

Any news for my problem?

Thanks!

Edited by Georgios Korolis

Hi Georgios,

1) We have tested your PDF file again, however can edit your PDF file normally without getting the same issue. We also do the same to open it for the first, then close and reopen the file in the program to edit again, but it still can be edited normally. When I type letters and spaces, all the input is normal. In order to help us figure it out, please attach your edited PDF file with the wrong letters you got here to send to us for further analysis again, we will have further compare of them.

2) Please install the program PDFelement 5 from the link below, and edit your PDF file for a try again to check whether it works successfully.

Download URL: http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement5_full1042.exe

Thanks

Hi again,

The version that you sent me to install will work with the current license or will be work as trial?

Thanks

Hi Georgios,

We have tested this edited PDF file, however your edited content still displays normally on our side, you can refer to the screenshot here:

normal.png

So when you add or edit the text, please choose some different fonts to check whether fonts work. And please also try to work with some different PDF files to check whether other PDF files have the same issue.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

I've checked with other PDF and im facing the same issue. I will try with different fonts and i will tell you. Please answer me and in the second question : 

The version that you sent me to install will work with the current license or will be work as trial?

Thanks

Hi Georgios,

The latest version is 6.1.2 now, do you mean to use previous version 6.0.0? If so, you can download the version 6.0.0 from the link below to try again.

Download Link: https://we.tl/R8DDO8jFqQ

And once you have registered the program PDFelement 6 Pro on your computer successfully, there is no need to register it again when you install another version of the same program.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

Thank you! i will download the previous version from the link you sent me. 

Hi Danphne,

I installed the version you sent me but im facing another problem..when i run it with admin privileged it works fine but when i run as a user it crashes.

Thanks