• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)

10 posts in this topic

Good morning,

Can the full versions of Pdf element scan in OCR  multiple files in one step? Is there a maximum quantity of files that can be processed in one step?

Thank you in advance.

Lorenzo Marchesi

Marchesi srl

Hi Lorenzo,

If you want to convert the scanned PDF files to other format files using OCR, then you can do the conversion in batch. Or if you want to extract data from the scanned PDF files, you can also extract data in a batch. After opening the program, please click the Batch Process box, then choose Convert or Data Extract tab to load multiple scanned PDF files in it to do the work as you need.

However, if you just want to make the scanned PDF files to be the editable PDF files using OCR, then I am sorry to inform you that you need to do this one by one. Anything we can assist further, you can confirm more details about your needs and situation, we will check for you.

Thanks

Not being able to batch OCRing is a serious short coming of 6.3.  Having to do the OCRing one file at a time makes the product less than Professional and not viable as an alternative to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Surely, there must be a fix for the lack of batch OCRing.  Without out the batch procession OCRing, 6.3 will not even be a consideration for replacing Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry that the Windows version program still does not support to batch OCR, actually our Mac version program supports to do so. Our development team will have further consideration of the batch OCR suggestion in the future Windows version program.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I would like to request the same (or very similar): Batch convert Scanned PDF -> OCR -> Searchable PDF for the Windows version.

Kind regards,

Christoph Ramshorn

Thank you for your feedback Christoph! We will forward all this to our development team! 

Best,

Rebecca

How can I save an OCR'd file because my bank statement peeling program PDF2CVS does not recognize the file as ocr'd unless I go through Adobe or Able2extract.

Is there any help you can offer. The reason I bought pdfelement is because it removed the highlighted areas much better than anything else

Andy

Hi Andy,

Could you please confirm more details about the issue you get? Do you mean after performing OCR, the OCR'd file cannot be opened in your program PDF2CVS? If you mean this, then please confirm whether your original PDF file without using our OCR in be opened in your program PDF2CVS? If the original file can be opened successfully, then please attach both of your original PDF file and the OCR'd file here or send them to: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further tests.

Thanks

I have the same problem.  I have ten pages (.jpg) of scanned images and when I attempt to drag them to the batch processor, it won't accept them.

Hi Boatguy,

For your reference that the "Batch Process" function can only work with PDF files, so your .jpg format files fail to be loaded. Please confirm what do you want to do with the .jpg files? Do you want to convert these 10 jpg files into one PDF file? If so, please click the Combine PDF box after opening our program, then drag and drop your .jpg files in the window to combine to one PDF file.

Anything we can assist further, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks