• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Ron McCoy

Making Interactive Fillable Forms

14 posts in this topic

Working on MAC Sierra, Version 6.10
 I'm having the same problem as others from this community post, how to make the "interactive fillable" forms From PDF element function as regular PDF.  I think I'm doing the adding of text, text fields and check boxes and radio buttons but they don't seem to work on PDFs or when exported as PDFS  the pages are blank.or optimized to shrink the file size the interactivity doesn't work.  

Are there better tutorials, manuals or online descriptions of the "PDF form" creation process? Reviewed the existing materials is marginal. 

Hi Ron,

Could you please confirm more details about the steps you take? How do they fail to work on the PDF? Do you use another program to open the PDF file and find the forms are not interactive? If so, please confirm the program name that you use.

About this "when exported as PDFS  the pages are blank", do you mean to save the PDF form as a PDF file again? Or what format of the exported file that you get? 

Could you please also attach your PDF form here or send it to our email: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further tests? 

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Sorry about the delay in responding 

1. I'm building a project intake form on MAC using PDF Element Pro  6.1 scanned an existing form, added check boxes and radio button and text fields.

2. Looking to make the 6GB Form smaller so use the Optimize option From 5GB to under 1GB  this process generates a blank PDF with several check boxes
3. I can print from PDF elements , but the fonts are funky kerning issues So most likely were scanned from OCR do I have to retype these in? 
4. My goal is to have a Protect intake form I can have my client complete from my website or download the PDF and complete on their computers and send back to me.  Do they require Adobe Acrobat installed? 
5. My clients use Mac and PC 
6. Cant seem to be able to attached by Working Doc even though it says 6MBs I'm  get the 10MB pop up warning 

7 Took the 6 MB when I went back into edit.

Project Intake Form V10- Test2.pdf

Edited by Ron McCoy
added attachment

Hi Ron,

1) I have tested to optimize this PDF file you sent, and the optimized PDF file still have the fillable form, text fields and text boxes and radio buttons. So could you please attach your optimized PDF file that you got here to send to me for check?

2) I also tested to use our program to print this PDF file you sent, however what is the "fonts are funky kerning issues "? Could you please take a photo to show me the font issue you got? And attach the photo here to show me.

3) Your clients are not required to install Adobe Acrobat, but they can install the free program Adobe Reader on their computer to open and fill the PDF file you send to them. 

Thanks

1 person likes this

1) Here is the optimize form I try to generate an dit comes up blank 150DPI  Screen shot of optimized form showing no text and only a few buttons. 

2) Screen shot if Kerned funk fonts. I'm using Airal
3) so they do need some type of Adobe Reader? or other PDF reader software? 

Grabbed Optimize frame showing no text and limited buttons.tiff

Grab of Save PDF showing kerning.tiff

Saved PDF .pdf

Project Intake Form V10- Test2_Optimize.pdf

Hi Ron,

Do you create the buttons and boxes by our program in your PDF file? If so, I am afraid there may be some compatible issue with Adobe Acrobat program. We will have further analysis.

And could you please confirm which program do you use to open the optimized PDF file and got the blank issue? I have tried to open your optimized PDF file in both of Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat programs, they do not display as blank. So please confirm which program do you use.

Thanks

Hi Ron,

We will try the best to solve the issue and improve the program.

Thanks for your feedback.

So in the meantime is there anything I can do to complete my Intake Form Project?

Make the Radio buttons select only one feature

Make the Check boxes check all that apply feature

Get better font re-production when printed? 
Avoid Multiple Box overlays that are not visible unless printed

Understand better the form distribution options

Hi @Ron McCoy

I am sorry for all the difficulties that you have been experiencing. I will answer your inquiries in the order you have asked them:

1) When I downloaded your PDF, the radio buttons were working fine, I was only able to select one. 

2) For the check boxes, if you go into "Edit Form" and double click on the individual check boxes, you will see that they are all named the same, which is why you can only select one. Simply rename each of them under the "general" tab and you will be able to check multiple boxes. 

3) The quality of the font may not be as good for printing if you optimize the file. 

4) Did you first create the form on Acrobat or some other software? Did you copy and paste the form from elsewhere? It appears that there are already a layer of buttons. I will pass this onto our technical team to fix this problem. @Jacky In the mean time, we have deleted the extra buttons for you so you can continue working on your project. Please see below for the attached document. 

5) Since you are working on Mac, you can upload your finished file directly onto Dropbox or Email. This button can be found under the "file" -> "share" tab. Your clients won't need PDFelement to fill out the form, just any PDF reader program. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you need any clarification. 

Thanks,

Rebecca

For Ron.pdf

1 person likes this

Hi Ron,

Ok, any further feedback, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks