• Announcements

• Daphne

Winners Announcement   09/18/2017

htmlentities(

Awesome! You guys just made around 48000 shares in our #AcrobatAlternative Event!!! Thank you so much for joining! Congratulations to our big prizes winners: @Colleen and @Anne Bastien !!! Click here to know more. 

)
    • Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
hayden

problem when editing text

6 posts in this topic

When editing text in pdf, changes in text often turn to gibberish and unwanted characters. Please help, thanks!

Hi hayden,

I think the issue is related to your PDF file. Could you upload your PDF file here or send it to me (wangyi@wondershare.cn) for further check? Thanks.

Jacky

1 person likes this

I am testing out this software and my main purpose is to edit pdfs, however, after watching one of the tutorials, which says after clicking edit, click edit text, that option doesn't appear to me, only add text, can you help.

Hey Abigail,

I see that you have also commented on our YouTube tutorial, so I would like to continue the discussion here to help other community members who may be experiencing the same issue!

You're right in that there is only an "add text" icon shows up. To edit text, you just need to be in the "edit" mode and double click the area you want to work on (see below). You may also need to perform OCR first (which is also under "edit"), which will break the PDF down into pieces that you can edit. If this still doesn't work for you, feel free to attach the PDF you're experimenting with so we can take a look and provide more detailed step-by-step instructions! 

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.11.48 PM.png

Thanks,

Rebecca

On 7/20/2017 at 11:41 PM, Abigail Freckleton said:

I am testing out this software and my main purpose is to edit pdfs, however, after watching one of the tutorials, which says after clicking edit, click edit text, that option doesn't appear to me, only add text, can you help.

Hi Abigail,

For your information that the Edit>Edit Text button shows in tutorial video is for the old version program. In our upgraded program PDFelement 6, there is no such an "edit text" button any more. If you want to edit text, you just need to click the Edit button on the top-left corner, then click the text to start editing directly. 

edit text.png

Thanks